Friday, May 10, 2013

Beautiful Spring in South Korea - Dongdaemun, Doota Shopping Mall, Dongdaemun History and Culture Park & Myeongdong Night Market (Day 2, 05 Apr 2013)

These past two days I've been busy with following up some post GE13 news, therefore not able to update my blog post... There are many upcoming posts for this Korea trip to be updated... Gotta speed it up!

Let me resume to update Day 2 my Korea trip post for the last part now... After we visited the rich people residential area - Gahoe Buchon Hanok Village 北村韩屋村, the sky was getting dark. Therefore we proceeded to the next stop - Dongdaemun 东大门. We went to Dongdaemun 东大门 to shop at N.P.H (Nam Pyeonghwa) Bags Wholesale Market. However, we reached there at the wrong time. The business hour of this wholesale market is from 3:30 am till 4 pm.

Dongdaemun 东大门 metro station
Passed by Dongdaemun 东大门 underground shopping center
Passed by a beautiful bridge at Dongdaemun 东大门
Dongdaemun 东大门 N.P.H (Nam Pyeonghwa) Bags Wholesale Market

After done shopping at Dongdaemun 东大门. We took metro to Hyehwa 惠化 station which nearby some universities, initially I thought my friend told me there are some roadside stalls that sells cheap fashion accessories. After we asked the metro station staffs and verified again from my friend, I realised that I'd mistaken. Hence, we wasted some time and one metro station fare to reach here :( (We cancelled our initial itinerary plan to Hyehwa 惠化 for visiting Daehangno/Naksan Park 惠化大学路/骆山公园, due to long distance and we were tired...)

Then, we took metro train back to Dongdaemun 东大门 station. After shopping at some malls  nearby Dongdaemun 东大门, we were hungry and cold, so we tried to look for restaurants for dinner. However, the Korean restaurants we wanted to enter was full house. Therefore, we went to the Doota Shopping Mall to have our dinner. We had our dinner at the food court which located at the 8th floor of the Doota Shopping Mall. I recalled that I accidentally ate a chili which looked like long green bean in the soup! By the time I ate it, I couldn't control my tears from rolling down from my eyes! :P I drank a lot water still cannot reduce the spiciness on my tongue :S (Luckily I can get free refillable water at the food court!) Bad experience...

Passed by Maxtyle shopping mall
Doota shopping mall
Our dinner at Doota shopping mall food court. Roasted spicy pork (quite spicy for me, but the pork was delicious!), Kimchi soup and soya bean soup (got a chili in the soup which looks like green bean!)

After dinner, we strolled along the stream under Ogansugyo Bridge while on the way to Dongdaemun History and Culture Park 东大门历史站. Due to one of my friend was having a sudden pain on the backbone, therefore we only able to walk part of the Dongdaemun History and Culture Park 东大门历史站. Then, we took the metro and back to Myeongdong 明洞 street. Since we reached Myeongdong not too late around 10 pm, we had some time to walk and shop in some shops on the street. (In the previous day, we didn't have the chance to shop at Myeongdong 明洞 street at night although our guest house just few minutes walk distance... This is because by the time we reached Myeongdong 明洞 street, the night market and shops were preparing to close...)

Ogansugyo Bridge, Dongdaemun 东大门 - We were heading half way to the Dongdaemun History & Culture Park 东大门历史站
Ogansugyo Bridge, Dongdaemun 东大门 - History of the bridge
Ogansugyo Bridge, Dongdaemun 东大门 - Another picture of the history of the bridge
We crossed over the stream by stepping on the stones! But, we didn't continue our journey to Dongdaemun History & Culture Park 东大门历史站 (due to the walking distance is too long...)
I feel it's quite romantic for couples to stroll along the stream at night :)
Romantic lights along the stream
Passed by a traditional Korean costume shop at Myeongdong 明洞 metro station
Myeongdong 明洞 at night - We only able to spend half an hour to walk on the street. Around 10:30 pm the night markets and shops are closed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'm really appreciated it :)
However, your comments will go through moderation process to avoid spam message!
Don't worry, if it is not spam, I will publish it ASAP :)