Monday, May 13, 2013

Beautiful Spring in South Korea - BBQ Pork of 8 Kind Tastes at Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon (Day 3, 06 Apr 2013)

Today I stumbled upon one news article mentioning that those people that have the hobby of taking photos of food before eating are considered a type of mental illness! I think I'm one of those abnormal people that belong to this group! Haha :P However, I don't mind if they call me crazy because I just wanna share the delicious food I've tasted with all of you... Sharing is caring :) I will continue with this 'hobby', hehe...

Continue with our Day 3 Korea trip... After we shopped in Namdaemun Market 南大门市场, we were hungry and went to Sinchon 新村 area for lunch. After we came out of the Sinchon 新村 metro station, we again lost direction. So we asked for directions from a local Korean uncle that passed by us. He was very kind to show us the direction, but I think he was not familiar with the place too. Finally, we asked another girl which was the convenience store's cashier to ask for the restaurant we were headed to - Palsaik Restaurant. She was very kind to show us the direction, she even came out of the store and showed us the direction!!

By the time we reached Palsaik Restaurant was about 2:20 pm, and we again had late lunch... The signature food of this restaurant is the BBQ Pork of 8 Kind Tastes. The 8 tastes are (from mild to strong) - 
Ginseng, WineOriginal, Garlic, Herb, Curry, Miso Paste and Red Pepper Paste. I really like to eat Korean BBQ Pork :) All of the tastes I like too but I prefer more with the Curry taste! In addition, I enjoyed the cosy environment of this restaurant too... The food was fresh and the staff was very good in service! I hope I will come to eat in this restaurant again one day!

Let me show you the delicious food photos now:

Reached Sinchon 新村 metro station

Passed by this statue around Sinchon 新村 area

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - The entrance

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - This restaurant was introduced by the famous Korean TV stations

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - Many cute piggy toys display

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - The price list

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - A chair to keep our jacket and other stuff inside to avoid the smoky smell that stunk our clothes! Very creative and caring design!

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - Very cosy environment

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - Hot seafood soup

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - BBQ Pork of 8 Kind Tastes. You should eat from the mild taste (Garlic) to the strong taste (Red Pepper Paste)

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - BBQ Pork in progress...

I felt warmer after staying a while in this restaurant as the outside was too cold

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - Other branches in different countries

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - Map to reach this restaurant. But I couldn't read Korean words...

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - It is a perfect combination to mix BBQ pork with fried Kimchi (Kimchi and fresh vegetables are free and refillable)

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - Use fresh vegetable to wrap with the BBQ Pork and fried Kimchi.... Very delicious, but the vegetable was a bit hard to chew

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - Ittekimasu, let me taste this delicious BBQ Pork first :)

Palsaik Restaurant, Sinchon 新村 - Tried to eat with peppermint leaf, a bit strong smell!

4 comments:

  1. the worker there can speak english? or maybe can understand a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, but I remembered we communicated with them in English for ordering the food :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, would like to try this coming summer holiday..
    Btw, can u briefly tell me how to get to everland from area around dongdaemun since im staying that area. but as ur wish to tell me from what u know.
    thanks..=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I didn't plan the itinerary, I just follow my friend during the whole journey. But, I found the official Korea Tourism website about the information of how to get to Everland, you may refer to it - http://visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=264235

    Hope it helps :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I'm really appreciated it :)
However, your comments will go through moderation process to avoid spam message!
Don't worry, if it is not spam, I will publish it ASAP :)