Sunday, January 26, 2014

Exotic Bali - Puri Saren Agung, Cafe Wayan and KOU handmade soap shop (Day 4, 29 Aug 2013)

After we happily shopped at Sukawati Art market, we headed to Ubud center - Monkey Forest street. I planned to visit this famous Bali art street to have lunch and tea time here and of course to view some beautiful and artistic souvenirs. The next stop was Puri Saren Agung (Ubud Palace)! It was a traditional Balinese houses of Ubud King. This place is free for entrance but it is quite small area though!

While we were visiting Puri Saren Agung, the place was crowded, there was a group of China tourists also were visiting this place! It was quite hard for me to take some nice pictures because too many visitors were blocking my way...

Spotted this special fountain just opposite of Puri Saren Agung

Entrance of Puri Saren Agung

Many visitors were taking photo with at this spot

Finally reached my turn to take this scene!

Thanks to the pretty China gal who helped me to take this photo!

Another part of Puri Saren Agung

Ancient Balinese statue in Puri Saren Agung

Ancient Balinese artistic door

I like the blue sky

Many Balinese statues can be found here

After we spent a short while of visiting Puri Saren Agung, we continued to scroll along the Monkey Forest street, especially to find some beautiful Bali postcards. I bought some beautiful postcards here and posted back to my home too :)

While we were walking, suddenly a big frangipani flower dropped onto my head! I was shocked and wondering what hit my head?! 
And of course, I picked up the flower! Haha...

Since it was noon time and we were hungry, therefore we quickly searched for lunch. I planned to have lunch at Satri's Warung restaurant to taste their signature dish - Banana Chicken. However, when we reached there, the kind auntie of the restaurant told me that it required at least 3 hours to prepare for this dish and moreover we didn't pre-booked earlier. So she suggested us to come back again at 4 pm, then we paid some deposit and left the restaurant.

So I gotta change my plan to have tea time first at Cafe Wayan. Cafe Wayan seems very well known to the Western tourists! It is because when I reached there, most of the customers were Western people! I like the cozy environment of this restaurant too! Since this was tea time, we ordered a pizza and some cakes to eat...

Continued to stroll along the Monkey Forest street in Ubud

Many beautiful souvenirs can be found here

Oh... The little guitars are very cute! I always like mini musical instrument models!

I found some beautiful Bali postcards here!

Wooden cat statues are very famous in Bali! They are very cute too!

Cafe Wayan

Cafe Wayan is famous for their cakes

Cozy environment of Cafe Wayan

Cafe Wayan's menu - Pizza section

Cafe Wayan's menu - Desserts section

Cafe Wayan's decoration

Cafe Wayan - Hawaiian pizza. I like this thin crust pizza, it was cheesy and delicious!

Cafe Wayan - Coconut Meringue Pie

Cafe Wayan - Death by Chocolate. It is the signature cake of this restaurant! I felt the chocolate was very rich and sweet!

Cafe Wayan - Our tea time dishes!

My dessert and fresh papaya juice!

After we enjoyed the delicious tea time at Cafe Wayan, we continue to scroll along the Monkey Forest street to help to burn some calories of our body :P Based on the research I found on internet, there is a handmade soap shop - KOU which very famous on this street! The quality of the soap is good for skin too, it can be used to wash face! I spent quite some time to search for it, then only I able to find the shop!

Scrolling along the Monkey Forest street

At first I saw KOU Cuisine shop which sell handmade jam and I thought they sell the handmade soap too! Then, only the promoter told me that the shop which sells handmade soap is on another street! And she shown me the business card with the map of the shop! Thanks to her who helped me saved some time for searching the shop :)

KOU handmade soap shop


KOU handmade soap is a good choice for gifts or souvenirs! I like the cute candy wrapping of the handmade soap! And I bought a few too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'm really appreciated it :)
However, your comments will go through moderation process to avoid spam message!
Don't worry, if it is not spam, I will publish it ASAP :)