Sunday, January 5, 2014

Exotic Bali - Pura Luhur Tanah Lot and Bebek Bengil Dirty Duck Restaurant (Day 3, 28 Aug 2013)

Today I've been busy planning my next trip itinerary for the whole day... Feel very tired of researching... So, I change the focus and spend some time updating this blog...

After we had our delicious babi guling late lunch, we headed to the next destination - Pura Luhur Tanah Lot. Tanah Lot is a romantic place to view the sunset. We reached there around 4 pm, and initially I wanted to visit this place until 6 pm (around sunset time). But, our driver said the sunset view is just normal, and in order to go to the hotel that I booked it will take some time to reach there. So we didn't spend a lot of time at this destination and skipped to view the sunset, as it is near sunset time this place will be full of tourists. But, I enjoyed taking many beautiful photos in this area.

Entrance of Pura Luhur Tanah Lot

Breathtaking view of the seaside

The romantic place to view the sunset

Very hot and sunny day when we visited this place

I'd been waiting to shoot this big sea wave scenery... haha :P

Passed by a temple

Again I waited some time to take the photo of this big sea wave :P Many visitors were there already!

Passed by this Balinese door to enter the temple on the sea

Near to sunset time, the sea level will rise up and we will not able to enter the temple!

Thanks to one of the pretty gals who helped me take this photo :)

I'm going to cross the sea to reach the temple

Another side of which is near the temple. I was wondering where were they going?

What?! There is a snake here!! I'm afraid of snakes :S

I wanted to ask my sis to help me take a photo with this temple. But, she was afraid that she might fall into the sea. Never mind, just the temple itself is beautiful enough :)

A narrow pathway to the temple!

Last photo of Tanah Lot before leaving

Without waiting for sunset, we had left Pura Luhur Tanah Lot and went to Ubud. For the rest of the days of this trip, we were staying in the Ubud area. Before we went to check in to the hotel I booked, we had our dinner at Bebek Bengil Dirty Duck Restaurant around 6:15 pm. This restaurant is very famous for its signature dish - Crispy duck. I like the cosy environment of this restaurant. There is a rice field next to the restaurant too! In the Ubud area, paddy fields can be seen almost everywhere!

Bebek Bengil Dirty Duck restaurant

Beautiful flowers deco in the restaurant

Cosy environment of the restaurant

Fish pond in the restaurant

A famous spot for taking a photo

The menu. Bebek Bengil Dirty Duck - IDR 92

Happy to visit the paddy field just next to the restaurant. But, during sunset time, there were many mosquitoes!

Another part of the paddy field

Close up view of paddy

Gado-gado (Steamed mixed vegetables with tofu, egg and peanut sauce)

Bebek Bengil (The Original Crispy Duck since 1990. Half a Duck steamed in Indonesian spices, deep-fried for a crispy finish. Use your fingers!! Served with sautéed potatoes and a side salad or rice and Balinese vegetables)

Nasi goreng special (Indonesian fried rice with chicken and prawn. Served with sate and fried egg)

Four months ago before this trip, I was trying to book the famous budget hotel in Ubud. I tried to call to book for Tegal Sari, Green Field and Saren Indah, but unfortunately, all rooms were full during the period I wanted to stay in Ubud. Maybe due to peak season, I was not able to book any of my favourite top priority hotels. It made me panic and I got no choice but to stay up late (until 3 am on weekday :S) in order to search for other alternatives for the accommodation in Ubud on Tripadvisor website.

Finally, I found a hotel with a beautiful paddy field view and also nice scenery - Bhanuswari Resort and Spa. Although this hotel price is not as cheap as the other hotels I mentioned earlier, and it requires 10 mins drive from Ubud town, this hotel has a paddy field view which met my requirement!

After we had our delicious dinner, the sky was getting dark, and we were tired. So our driver quickly fetched us to check in to Bhanuswari Resort and Spa hotel. The hotel is located in quite a deserted place, where our driver nearly thought that we were lost somewhere in the jungle! Especially at night, the road lights were not bright enough! However, after we reached the hotel, we only felt relieved that the hotel environment is totally another world from the outside... And our driver also said that we stayed in a very nice hotel :) Haha... I will show you more pictures of this hotel in my next posts...

Welcome drink served by the friendly staff of Bhanuswari Resort and Spa hotel

Bhanuswari Resort and Spa hotel - Our room

Bhanuswari Resort and Spa hotel - Fresh hibiscus flower on the bed

Bhanuswari Resort and Spa hotel - Coffee table

Bhanuswari Resort and Spa hotel - TV with DVD player. I watched the DVD of 'Alice in the Wonderland', I missed the first half an hour when it was showing at the cinema.

Bhanuswari Resort and Spa hotel - Fresh fruits and fresh flowers on the coffee table

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'm really appreciated it :)
However, your comments will go through moderation process to avoid spam message!
Don't worry, if it is not spam, I will publish it ASAP :)