Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Exotic Bali - Karya Mas Wood Carving Centre, Sari Merta Batik Collection and Bali Cake Shop (Day 5, 30 Aug 2013)

It's been a long long time since I'm not touching this blog! I just came back from my one-month business trip for my new job in Belgium. This year I visited many places, especially during my stay in Belgium. I went to Taiwan, Belgium, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and France. So stay tuned to see my updates for these trips soon... I am lucky that my wishes came true (to visit Europe during springtime)! Too bad the 'play hard' period is over and now I need to really start to 'work hard'!

It was not really easy to plan the weekend trips during my stay in Belgium, especially since I was having jet lag. I wondered why this time I had serious jet lag compared to my previous business trip to Germany. I slept at night after dinner at 9 pm, and woke up at 11 pm then I planned my weekend trips and slept again at 2 am or 3 am, and woke up at 7 am to go to work. This happened more than 2 weeks! However, in total I still had about 6 hours of sleeping time in a day :) I'm glad that I finally made it for my solo weekend trip in Europe!

My story about my Bali trip is coming to an end, so let me show you some photos here during the last day of our stay in Bali. After our driver drove us to Goa Gajah, he recommended we see some wood carvings which are famous in Ubud. We went to Karya Mas Wood Carving Centre and we had the chance to see some talented wood carvings artists doing their work there. We met a few tourists from East Malaysia there too and we had a pleasant chat. I bought one small piece of wood cravings here too, I will show it in my future post :)

Karya Mas Wood Carving Centre

Some talented wood carvings artists were doing their work

Lovely wood carving status which I like

Many creative and beautiful wood carvings art pieces selling here

One of the colourful wood carvings

Another beautiful wood carvings that I like

'Famous' wood carvings in Bali

Very thin and long wood carvings

Another beautiful wood carvings that I like

Without spending a lot of time at Karya Mas Wood Carving Centre, we quickly headed to another destination - Sari Merta Batik Collection. This is the shopping place for Batik. Photography is prohibited in the shop, so I was only able to take a few photos from the outside. I bought 2 Batiks scarves at this place, I will share the photo in later posts... I feel the Batiks I bought from this shop were a bit pricey as I found out later that the same things selling at Discovery Mall were cheaper!

Some of the workers at Sari Merta Batik Collection were making beautiful Batiks. This is the process of waxing the Batiks

Closed up view to see clearly the process of waxing Batik

Traditional threading machine to produce Batik

Another Batik was going through the waxing process

I was standing here and listened to the explanation of the process of making Batik

It is prohibited to take photos in this Batik shop

We didn't really spend a lot of time at Sari Merta Batik Collection too. Maybe because the Batiks which selling here were quite expensive, which reduced our interest to purchase them... Then, we went back to our driver's van and went to lunch. On the way to lunch, our driver recommended we go to one of the local cake shops which are famous for layer cake! After we reached that shop, our driver was nonstop eating the free samples! Haha... We didn't purchase any layer cakes which are a bit pricey but we bought some other local snacks here...

On the way to the Bali Cake shop


Another photo was taken from the van while on the way to Bali Cake shop

Bali Cake shop

Bali Cake shop - Signature layer cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'm really appreciated it :)
However, your comments will go through moderation process to avoid spam message!
Don't worry, if it is not spam, I will publish it ASAP :)