Monday, April 29, 2013

Beautiful Spring in South Korea - ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant (Day 1, 04 Apr 2013)

After watching the royal changing guards ceremony in Gyeongbokgung Palace 景福宫, we headed to ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 to have our late lunch (around 4 pm =.=).

This authentic Korean restaurant is designed in a very unique and traditional way. I love the pink cherry blossom trees which planted in the center of the restaurant! I enjoyed a lot to eat the delicious food in this cozy environment. We ordered the signature food of this restaurant - Ginseng Chicken Soup and Ginseng Roasted Chicken. I preferred the Ginseng  Roasted Chicken more personally, because I felt the roasted chicken meat was more tastier :P

Let me show you more delicious photos of the food we ordered in this restaurant... Hope that you won't feel hungry after seeing these pictures :P

ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - The restaurant is just located near Gyeongbokgung Palace 景福宫
ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - The interior of the restaurant, looks very traditional and cozy
ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - Free and refillable Kimchi and pickled radish. I preferred the pickled radish, as it was sweet and not too spicy and sour. The Kimchi was not bad too, as I don't really like to eat chili stuff normally, however I still can accept the taste of this Kimchi.
ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - The menu
ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - The delicious Ginseng Chicken Soup is made with glutinous rice, gingko nuts, ginseng, garlic, jujube and other herbs. We didn't eat the big Ginseng which was inside the chicken as recommended by my friend...
ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - Another delicious dish - Ginseng Roasted Chicken
ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - Me enjoying with the delicious and tasty food... Yummy :)
ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - In love with this pink cherry blossoms planted in the restaurant...Love the scent of the flowers :)
ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - Another dark pink cherry blossoms
ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - Of course I won't miss the chance to take photo with the beautiful cherry blossoms
ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - Pink cherry blossoms over my head!! So happy...(发花癫中...) haha :P
ToSokChon Ginseng Chicken Restaurant 土俗村人参鸡 - So many ginseng!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, thankyou for sharing so much about Korea. I'll be heading to Korea real soon so i was wondering if you could share your thoughts on the weather? was it very cold when you were there and roughly how many layers of clothes do i have to pile on?

    thanks in advance! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog :) I'm not sure you will be visiting Korea during which season. But, you may refer to their official tourism website on the clothing guide - http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/AK/AK_EN_1_5_12.jsp.

    For spring time, I think it is quite cold for me. Early morning and night around 4-7 degrees and afternoon about 12 degrees. So I wore like 2 or 3 layers - t-shirt + cardigan blazer + jacket with jeans or leggings. You can bring gloves too if you stay outdoor for long hours :) This is just from my opinion anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for replying (: and yes i will be visiting in about 2 weeks time and the weather forecast seems pretty cold so i am not too sure (: but thank you so much for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No prob... Hope it helps :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I'm really appreciated it :)
However, your comments will go through moderation process to avoid spam message!
Don't worry, if it is not spam, I will publish it ASAP :)