Monday, April 29, 2013

Beautiful Spring in South Korea - Gyeongbokgung Palace (Day 1, 04 Apr 2013)

I've been busy during the past few days to plan my upcoming travel trip... In order to book the best value accommodations, I spent some time to do research and made me lack of sleep now :( However, finally I found some time to continue to update my South Korea travelogue :)

Since the itinerary of this South Korea trip was planned by my friend who very experienced in planning free and easy trip, therefore, I didn't do much research before traveling to Korea. Most of the time, I just followed closely with my friends especially in the Seoul subway. During peak hours, the subway in Seoul are always crowded, therefore it is very easily to get lost in the crowd. I'm glad that my friends are very kind to take care of me :)

In Seoul, most of the time we just took the subway to reach the tourist spots, which is very convenient to us. I observed that most of the Koreans are generally have fair skin, tall and slim (both female and male)... So envy with their long and slim legs :P Just same like those K-pop singers I watched in the MTV :P Maybe they always eat Kimchi and walk on the subway staircases and make their legs so slim :P Haha...

Once we reached our guest house - Namsan 2 Guest House in Myeongdong 明洞, we left our baggage at the entrance of the guest house and directly took the subway to Gyeongbokgung Palace 景福宫. The guest house we stayed is very strategically located near the Seoul metro station, which is just about 3 minutes walk. I felt the Seoul metro network is quite complicated, you have to recognize the destination you want to go by checking the direction of the train where the last station it will stop at.

Since I didn't do much research for this trip, therefore I felt like I learned a lot about Korean culture and their history in Gyeongbokgung Palace 景福宫 through the free Chinese speaking guide. Our guide brought us to visit around the areas of Gyeongbokgung Palace 景福宫 and explained the Korea culture and the stories of the palace to us. I really enjoyed the guided tour in the palace :) In addition, we also watched the royal changing of the guards ceremony of Gwanghuamun 光化门 gate. I felt like I was placed in the era of Korean dynasty :P I'd captured some videos of this ceremony too, please scroll down to view it, if you have some free time :)

My breakfast - Banana Milk (recommended by my friend), very smooth and sweet. Bought it at the GS25 convenient store that nearby our guest house.
Beautiful flowers near the entrance of Myeongdong 明洞 metro station
Myeongdong 明洞 metro station - We were waiting for the next train to go to Gyeongbokgung 景福宫
Finally we reached the metro station near Gyeongbokgung 景福宫. Some ancient architectures are  displayed at the metro station.
The description of this door stated that after you pass through it, you will be forever young :) haha :P
Yay! Finally, we reached Gyeongbokgung 景福宫. Since we found out that if we purchase group tickets (more than 10 persons), the ticket price is cheaper (KRW 2,400). Therefore, we quickly grabbed other visitors to purchase the cheaper tickets together :P
The Main and South Gate of Gyeongbokgung 景福宫 - Guanghwamun 光化门
The Second Inner Gate of Gyeongbokgung 景福宫 - Heungyemun 兴礼门
Bought our cheaper ticket to visit Gyeongbokgung 景福宫. It was a good sunny day to visit the palace :) 
While waiting for the Chinese speaking guide of Gyeongbokgung 景福宫, we spent some time to capture photos around the palace
Our Chinese speaking guide of Gyeongbokgung 景福宫. She was explaining the map of Gyeongbokgung 景福宫. I like her traditional Korean dress, very cute :P
Geunjeongjeon 勤政殿 - I think this Gyeongbokgung 景福宫 is the famous shooting scene of many Korean dramas that I'd watched before
The king's seat 龙椅!
Other buildings in Gyeongbokgung 景福宫
Gyeonghoeru 庆会楼 - The hall that used to hold important and special state banquets during the Joseon Dynasty. I felt this place is really breathtaking! Love this scene!
Look at our Chinese speaking guide, she is so cute :)
According to the Chinese speaking guide, the main actress Lee Young Ae 李英爱 of the famous Korean drama - Dae Jang-Geum 大长今 is her high school mate!!
After the guided tour has ended, we strolled around the garden behind the palace! The first cherry blossom tree we saw in Seoul!
The royal guards of Guanghwamun 光化门.
So shy to take photos with the royal guards of Guanghwamun 光化门. They are very tall and they looked very serious :P
While waiting for the royal changing guards ceremony to be started around 3 pm, we visited the museum. Antique car displayed in the museum.
The royal changing guards ceremony of Guanghwamun 光化门 around 3 pm
The royal changing guards ceremony of Guanghwamun 光化门
The royal changing guards ceremony of Guanghwamun 光化门


The royal changing guards ceremony of Guanghwamun 光化门 video - Part 1
The royal changing guards ceremony of Guanghwamun 光化门  video - Part 2
Dedicate the K-pop song below (♫ TEEN TOP - Miss Right ♫) for this post, very catchy song :P:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'm really appreciated it :)
However, your comments will go through moderation process to avoid spam message!
Don't worry, if it is not spam, I will publish it ASAP :)