Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Beautiful Spring in South Korea - Nami Island (Day 7, 10 Apr 2013)

I'm back!! Recently my Photobucket free account has reached its monthly 10G bandwidth limit, so all my photos posted here are not able to be viewed :( However, due to my tight budget (I'm collecting my retirement fund and need to pay for my home loan soon this year...), I decided not to upgrade the account. So, the only choice is to wait for the 10G bandwidth limit to be reset and then continue to update my post. Please forgive me... Haha :P

Continue with my Day 7 Korea travelogue... The first stop of that day was - Nami Island 南怡岛. It is a very relaxing and romantic place :) This is also the filming scene of the famous Korean drama - Winter Sonata 冬季恋歌. I watched that drama before too, such a romantic love story. I even often like to play the piano score of these drama soundtracks :) Due to the long journey to reach there from our guesthouse (around 2 hours), we had to wake up earlier and catch the train.

It was a quite long journey to reach Nami Island 南怡岛, we took 2 hours train and then transferred to a bus and finally rode on the ferry in order to reach there!! During our visit, there are many tourists and visitors there too although it was a weekday! During the journey, I remembered there were 2 Korean old ladies who approached me suddenly while I was waiting for my friends to take their photos and one of them asked me something in Korean. I was a bit shocked at first (as I'm a shy gal, I'm always scared of strangers approaching me :P), I was unable to answer her, so I just smiled at her :) Then, she realised I'm not a local, then I heard she said 'China' in mandarin... I guessed she asked me where am I from... Haha... (Maybe that day I looked like China gal :P). After I told her the answer and smiled again at her, then they left...

The island area is quite big, we walked for about 1 hour and only reached the photo spot of the Winter Sonata 冬季恋歌 drama scene! Some of my friends were not able to catch up with us, they were lost and couldn't reach the Winter Sonata drama scene. They finally gave up due to a tight schedule to rush to the next stop and finally we only met at the entrance point :(

Woke up around 7 am and departed to Nami Island 南怡岛 from our guest house - Namsan 2 Guest House

On the way to Nami Island 南怡岛, guess why no people on the train? Actually, there was an announcement in Korean to ask all the passengers to leave the train at the station, but we didn't know... Haha :P

After we were being chased out by the train driver, we were waiting for the next train in a very cold and windy weather :S

After 1 hour, we reached the bus station to head to Nami Island 南怡岛. The information centre staff was very friendly to help us and also took a group photo for us! :)

Waiting for the bus to go to Nami Island 南怡岛

The parking lot of Nami Island 南怡岛 ticket entrance counter

Information board of Nami Island 南怡岛

Nami Island 南怡岛 ticket entrance counter

My Nami Island 南怡岛 ticket

The ferry to Nami Island 南怡岛 has arrived!!

Me in the ferry :)

Nami Island 南怡岛 entrance

Beautiful lake view of Nami Island 南怡岛

Love ♥ Nami Island 南怡岛

Many tall trees can be seen on Nami Island 南怡岛

Love ♥ anchor??

After I took a photo here, while waiting for my friends, suddenly approached by 2 Korean old ladies who asked me something in Korean which I couldn't answer :P

During the journey, spotted a very active squirrel!! I think it was scared of us but it was hungry to search for food... Haha! A bit different colour from those I saw in my house area!

Didn't cross over the bridge...

2 cute snowmen :)

First Kiss bridge ♥

Still on the way to the Winter Sonata 冬季恋歌 drama scene

Cute worms couple ♥

Bicycle in the air?!

Some unique design architectures in the background

Yay!! Finally, we reached the Winter Sonata 冬季恋歌 filming spot!! :)

Some Korean ancient designed architecture

I hope I don't be a big light bulb again!! Haha :P

Wondering why all the trees here were without leaves??

In 'Love' ♥

Bye-bye Nami Island...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'm really appreciated it :)
However, your comments will go through moderation process to avoid spam message!
Don't worry, if it is not spam, I will publish it ASAP :)