Thursday, October 17, 2013

Exotic Bali - Satria Coffee Plantation (Day 2, 27 Aug 2013)

It's been quite some time since I didn't update this blog... I've been recently busy with finding new job opportunities and travelling... Just back from my Superstar Libra Cruise trip to Krabi and Phuket and a company team-building trip in Pulau Langkawi (continuously in a week). Now is the time to back to my own world...

Today I just back from a job interview session, not sure how long more I need to go through this?? Starting over again for job searching is not that easy...

After we visited Pura Tirta Empul temple, we went to the next destination - Satria Coffee Plantation. Bali is very famous for its coffee, especially Kopi Luwak. The purpose I wanted to visit this place is because I wanted to see the Luwak (Asian palm civet) and taste the expensive Kopi Luwak. Although I don't normally drink coffee, since I came here from so far away, I must try it too...

There are many other plantations in this place too. The mountain weather is suitable for growing various plants... If you like to see natural and organic plantations, you can pay a visit to this place :)

Coffee bean tree

Cocoa tree

Luwak (Asian palm civet) was sleeping. It produces Kopi Luwak

Many other spices are planted here too

Ginseng

Lavender

The friendly staff was showing us the coffee powder making process

These coffee beans are freshly 'processed' by the Luwak. The staff explained that they will wash it with warm water first before making it into a beverage

Step by step making coffee bean into coffee powder using the manual traditional method

Roasting coffee beans

Pounding process

Another species of passion fruit. Eat it as vegetables but not fruit.

The various flavours of the coffee products

Free coffee tasting session. I like the coconut flavour!

Enjoying coffee. Our driver also was eating free peanuts and sitting comfortably behind me!

We ordered a small cup of Kopi Luwak (cost IDR 50,000 around RM 15). It tasted a bit sour. Maybe I'm not a coffee lover, so I don't know how to appreciate this expensive coffee :P

All kinds of coffee and other organic products selling in the shop. It's rather expensive, maybe because they are organic products

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I'm really appreciated it :)
However, your comments will go through moderation process to avoid spam message!
Don't worry, if it is not spam, I will publish it ASAP :)